FML

Do you think our preferences say something about our personality?

This year,I've been incredibly interested by the human brain,so I did keep on searching for more facts about it at school and home.

I can't stop asking myself if all we want and not to surround us (from the music we do listen to...till the persons we love/hate) proves a thing about who we actually are...

So,what you think?

Do you think our preferences say something about our personality?

Undoubtedly! 

Undoubtedly! 

I'd say the same thing,but...I've met persons that had the same preferences as I did,but...they had not my personality,so...we've just ended it up by not sharing our experiences,etc.

What I've missed?  

Personality is defined more by the subject's general life experience, not by his actions. And this is a very subjective topic to discuss, because everyone can express the way they see it in their own terms. The way I see it: your childhood defines you, the people and the environment also plays a role in shaping one's personality.

If you feel like studying books about personality, I recomend you to read "Introduction to psychoanalysis", by Sigmund Freud.

Also,Freud wrote something about how people choose their relationship partner. Do you know the name of the book?

3 hours ago, Terror said:

Do you know the name of the book?

If it's not in the "Introduction to psychoanalisys" book, it could be on "The interpretation of dreams". Probably, he spoke in both of them about choosing the relationship partner based on how well went your relationship with your parents as a child, and still goes as an adult.

2 hours ago, Artanis said:

If it's not in the "Introduction to psychoanalisys" book, it could be on "The interpretation of dreams". Probably, he spoke in both of them about choosing the relationship partner based on how well went your relationship with your parents as a child, and still goes as an adult.

Reading both seems to be the best choice so far.

38 minutes ago, Artanis said:

Glad to be helpful! :D 

I asked my literature teacher and she said he spokes about it in the fist book mentioned by you.:drinks: